Green Dot UVA and the University Bookstore are partnering to host the second annual T-shirt design competition. Submissions should be creative and encompass the Green Dot message. Design submissions will be accepted from January 30 to February 26, 2017. The winning T-shirt will be sold and displayed in the Bookstore and online beginning April 14, 2017, for the remainder of the calendar year or until supplies run out. Any proceeds from T-shirt sales will support the Green Dot initiative at UVA.
The winner will be featured in the T-shirt display and receive a $50 gift card to the UVA Bookstore.
- Entrants must be a current student, faculty, or staff at the University of Virginia. No previous affiliation or experience with Green Dot is required.
- Design can include the front or back (or both) of the T-shirt. Download the template.
- Design includes the Green Dot logo and an element of the Green Dot message. Download the logo.
- Final version of the design is at least 300dpi.
- Entry is received between Jan. 30 and Feb. 26, 2017, via the online entry form.
- Please submit a low resolution image for judging. Winners will be required to supply the original or high resolution art file, if applicable, and will work with a University Bookstore graphic designer to prep for print. Design should be final upon submission.
- The winner will be announced by March 9, 2017.
- Winner should be available to meet with University Bookstore staff to finalize design between March 20-24, 2017.
- Winning T-shirt will go on sale beginning April 14, 2017.
Submissions will be judged by the Green Dot Steering Committee with student and Bookstore representatives. Designs will be assessed by their ability to clearly and concisely reflect the Green Dot program’s two core principles: 1) violence is not tolerated, and 2) it is everyone’s responsibility to maintain a safe environment. The winning design will be determined by anonymous scorecards submitted by the committee.
The submission form is now closed.